My journey to reach home began in Jan, 2015 when the pati got a chance to move to a new town. Yesterday, mindlessly, I tried to see the distance between the two homes, one in Bangalore and the other in new city (details shall unfold soon). It came to about a 1000 km and the number stuck in my head. 🙂
It shall take a thousand km to reach a place that shall be my home for years to come. The anxiety to leave Namma Bengaluru is overwhelming. One day I panic, one day I am overjoyed and one day I am in despair.
The packing part of the house is almost done but how do we pack the feelings?
The new girl in town straight from college, the first day at first job, the finding an apartment by myself, the learning to cook, infallible moments with friends I made at work, the sister I found in Karuna, learning to drive in the big town, mad dancing in clubs on bollywood nights, falling in love with the best friend, getting married, setting up the house after the wedding, meeting and getting to know my babe Sheelu, joining a new organization, learning new things, making extraordinary friends who were only-blogger’s-I-know once (Monika, Swati and Apsy) :*, having a beautiful family that had relatives we chose (Agarwal’s, Chakraborty’s, Shankar’s, Gupta’s, Batra’s…), Rangashankara trips with friends or all by myself, wonderla…
Oh the list is a huge Huge HUGE one. I wish the one way ticket that I bought for 18th Feb gives me same/more opportunities to experience things that I never thought I would.
- Baking: I never knew baking would come naturally after I take one of sin-a-mon’s baking classes. It has been almost 2 months since the class and I am trying a lot of different stuff on my own. Owe it to you Monica. xoxo.
- Reading food blogs: I am reading a gazillion blogs by the week. THere is enough for anyone to learn the tricks of the trade and even come up with own food blog like this one.
- Compiling recipes: I have started to write my own collection of recipes which has my little additions/notes too. Trust me when I say this, I carry it everywhere, yes it is always in my bag 😀
- Experimenting: Well the benefit of getting married is that I have a guinie pig ready to be experimented on everyday. Well he is a foodie too and wants to be well fed. What more shall I ask for?
- The new job honeymoon: I recently shifted my job and am in the honeymoon phase. 😀 This has given me the time to do this aka blog 🙂
I tag anyone who wishes to take up mentioning what is going on in their life.
Dont forget to send me the link.
- Friends are the greatest reality checks of one’s life.
- Always keep up with a hobby. [My recent one is to read weird articles]
- Never take drinks from strangers.
- Always trust your instincts.
- Make a meal that touches the heart.
- Help. Unconditionally.
- Love faithfully.
- Remember birthdays.
- Give gifts.
- Gift yourself flowers every weekend.
- Get a shoe, haircut, colour or dress that you JUST adore.
- Believe in God and strength of prayer.
- Smell amazing each day.
- Don’t mess with your meds. [yeah I have to take my thyroid meds everyday of my life]
- If you love/miss someone, call and tell them.
- Keep the kid in you alive.
- Learn to cook a new cuisine.
- Feel beautiful from within.
- Make someone laugh.
- Pretend to not know when someone is embarrassed at work y something.
- Learn the dialogues and sequence of your fav movie.
- If you cant deal with a few situations, leave them. [I cant deal with death, illness and et al.]
- Learn how to file nails and put nail paint properly.
- Keep smiling. It bridges gaps.
- Do things for your loved ones, remember them, pray for their health even if you are not speaking to them.
- Never swear in front of kids.
I tag everyone who reads this post to write a similar post on their blog.
Don’t forget to share the link .
Life goes in full circle for all of us. We are just to blind/incompetent to take the outcomes the way they are… We misunderstand people, situations, circumstantial evidence and even the Hard Core TRUTH when it looks at us in the eyes!!
What happens when your mind and heart are not on the same emotion level…
- we curse the delimma
- we curse the parties involved
- we live in denial
- we over look the good that some one wants to do for us
- we harness all the negative energy we had piled on for a long time now 😐
- we sulk and crib
More Later…. 😐
Finally I know how to make Lemon Chicken
Well its not that difficult!!
Marination: keep for 2-3 hours in the fridge…
boneless chicken diced to bite size
an egg white.
Rind of 2 lemons
4 lemon slices
butter [1/2 tbsp]
sliced green chilly 
cornflour [2 tbsp]
Once the marination is done, dust the chicken with some maida and deep fry and keep aside.
For the sauce, heat butter in a shallow pan. add a little oil to prevent butter from getting burnt. Add the chillies and let them release the flavor, do not burn them add the lemon rind, slices. Mix the cornflour in some water and remove all lunps. Gradually add the mixture to the pan and keep stirring. The sauce will have a lovely lime color Add a little salt. and add water to make the sauce as per your choice. Once it simmers for 2 min.
add the chicken and mix well [gently] Serve with noodles/rice.