It has been a week and I have been struggling with a no maid-no water situation in the apartment. Maid issue is temporary but the water issue is really grave. There are times when we dont have water to even brush our teeth, forget washing utensils and bathing for that matter.
So much for Urbanization that the natural resources cannot keep up to the needs.
Few ways to save water in your daily routine: I found them here.
- It starts with YOU.
- Consider upgrading with air-cooled appliances for significant water savings.
- Use washing machine only when it is full, not on 1/3 rd or half a load.
- Segregate waste.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk and save water every time
- Collect the water you use for rinsing fruits and vegetables, then reuse it to water houseplants.
- Shorten your shower by a minute or two.
- Don’t use running water to thaw food. Defrost food in the refrigerator for water efficiency and food safety.
- Soak pots and pans instead of letting the water run while you scrape them clean.
- urn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Drop your tissue in the trash instead of flushing it and save water every time.
Let us contribute our bit to avoid the disaster of NO WATER.
This post is a part of Marathon Bloggers’ Blog-A-Prompt.