I am a water person. I can survive on only water if I ever have to. I can drink as many as 8-10L of water everyday. 🙂 Some say its a good habit, I say it the fuel of life.
How about some known and not so known facts about this elixir of life?
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.
- The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
- More than 3.4 million people die each year from water, sanitation, and hygiene-related causes. Nearly all deaths, 99 percent, occur in the developing world.
- More people have a mobile phone than a toilet.
- The average toilet uses 8 litres of clean water in a single flush
- A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- On average, women in Africa and Asia have to walk 3.7 miles to collect water.
- There are more than 2100 known drinking water contaminants that may be present in tap water, including several known poisons.
- It takes up to 5000 litres of water to produce 1kg of rice.
- Removing chlorine from showering water results in better air quality throughout the house.
- A five minute shower in an American household will use more water than a person living in a developing world slum will use in a whole day.
Did you check on the taps today?
This post is a past of A-Z Blogging challenge.