Surprise you are a Purani [That’s our family title which incidentally in Hindi means Old] already!! Welcome to the world. You are in India [hopefully] well if not this letter needs an updation. 🙂
You have made our life look complete and we love you from the bottom of our heart.
You have a foodie mom and an eccentric father. I am sure you also have 2 dogs to be your bodyguards. [The pati and I shall never settle for 1 dog]. That is all you should know for now because the world out there needs no introduction. The World as we call it is round and has patches of green/white/brown on blue base. You can read more about it in the school.
Your world is full of great things, colors, music, hobbies and books. It must be cherished to your hearts desire.
After a lot of ups and downs in life, your parents have come to a conclusion that ALL kids need love and protection. Yes the word to note is protection. Generally from the people who want to get really cozy with you when your mom and dad are not there. They can be your dad-mom’s friends, neighbors, strangers, school staff etc etc. They are people you want to stay away from. You must share whatever happens to you with us. We made a pact with God to keep you well and treat you nice. 🙂
- Trust your instincts, they shall never let you down. If you feel someone’s action is not right and is making you feel bad about yourself, trust this feeling.
- Ask questions that bother you.
- Share your day with us even when you grow up.
- Seek advise.
- If you cant speak to us on these matters, write to us. [If you my gene, you shall certainly write when in doubt] 😉
- Never look down upon yourself.
- Consent is like a forbidden fruit, if you dont have it, you shall yearn for it. But if you have it you need to be very very careful with it.
- Never take anyone for granted. Each person has a desire and also has neat boundaries. Never cross that line of confidence.
- Siblings are the best people to have in life. Make them your closest pals. Advise each other and stand up for each other.
- Use your energy in the best way possible.
- When in doubt, count till 10. If you don’t get a response from within yourself, always ask someone you trust. [Your mom does that a lot]
- Make lots of friends but make few best of friends. [Your mom and dad have a pretty decent number, we want you to give us a run for our money]. Also they shall come in handy when one of us are missing from your life. 🙂
- If you are trying something that is considered “cool” by your other cool-er friends, just trust your values for sometime. Let them laugh at you. Only time shall tell who has the final laugh.
I dont want to sound preachy, but a copy of this shall go in our will 😉
Love you forever
Pinksocks and @Tamekemcho
P.S- I secretly wish you are a girl ❤
P.S.S- I am not expecting right now 🙂
This post is a part of a month long awareness campaign on child abuse by CSA.