A lot of people feel sad for me when I tell them that the pati works in sales and marketing. Well then I break into a grin to avoid their reaction to his schedules, his work life balance, his habits etc.
I am sorry to say but you are no one to know how we deal with it. In the hindsight if I think about it, it is a blessing to be married to someone who is not in my field. I would not want to spend my evening with him trying to figure out “how to solve my wife’s office work dilemma”. It is not that I dont share office things with him but they are on a more seasoned level than grassroot. I know that I cannot go to him for an IT implementation related issue but I certainly can go to him with a project communication issue. Here is my list of things I learnt when I married a sales guy.
- They might not be very good at remembering personal things but they shall remember everything professional.
- They know which calls to avoid and how.
- They shall talk their way out things.
- They are damn good listeners but poor followers.
- They shall so anything to make their voice count.
- They might not be able to switch their cellphones off but can sure turn the volume down. 😉
- The kind of professional network that they have is good enough to even bail them at odd hours.
- They believe in solidarity and persistence.
There will always be downside to a profession/position but when you gotta love it, you gotta fine ways to love it 🙂